UPDATE: Watch Chef Meg on Better TV!
Monday, October 10, 2011
WooHoo! What an exciting time here at SparkPeople! Not only did our first cookbook become a best-seller on Amazon.com (we were the #1 cookbook for several days!), but now our own Chef Meg, author of "The SparkPeople Cookbook: Love Your Food, Lose the Weight," is making her national TV debut!
UPDATE: click this link to watch Meg's interview and demo better.tv/view/C465532P234234V1505150
Tune in to the syndicated show "Better TV" tomorrow (Tuesday, Oct. 11) to see Chef Meg talk about the book--and cook up one of our favorite recipes from "The SparkPeople Cookbook": Three-Cheese Macaroni! Yum!
Check local listings for exact times and stations: www.better.tv/view/about-better
Have you ordered a copy yet? What are you waiting for? www.sparkpeople.com/linkexchange.asp?ic=29&il=4739&lnk=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Esparkpeople%2Ecom%2Fcookbook
Also coming this week:
A feature on "The SparkPeople Cookbook," with interviews and photos with the authors and member Hallelul--only in the Cincinnati Enquirer. Cincinnati-area members, please pick up a copy of the paper on Wednesday! We'll share the link for those of you not in Cincinnati.
Shape magazine (www.shape.com/) will host a "twitterview" with Chef Meg on Friday at 1 p.m. Follow @sparkpeople and @Shape_Magazine on Twitter, and search for the hashtag #eatingright! You'll even be able to ask (er, tweet) questions at the end of the hourlong interview. Be sure to "stop by" Twitter.com on Friday.
Fitness magazine will be giving away three copies of the cookbook on their blog, the Fit Stop (www.fitnessmagazine.com/blogs/fitstop/category/fitness/). Be sure to stop by and check it out--and tell Fitness readers why you love SparkPeople.com!
Also, anyone in the Dayton area can tune in to the ABC22/FOX45 morning news and see Chef Meg make a quick and easy Mini Apple Tarts recipe from The SparkPeople Cookbook on Friday morning at 8:50.
Supporting the cookbook is one of the most important ways you can help us Spread the Spark. The site you know and love will continue to be 100% free, but we think this cookbook will help you take your program to a new level. You'll ditch the diet and lose weight--while eating food you love!
Order "The SparkPeople Cookbook" today and get 500 SparkPoints plus bonus recipe cards and a kitchen chart pack available only to those who buy the book. Click the link here to order or find it wherever books are sold. The book, which has a suggested retail price of $27.95, is on sale for $16.36 on Amazon.com--a great deal! If you buy two (what a great gift!), you'll even get free shipping.
In addition, you can help us Spread the Spark by:
• Write a review of "The SparkPeople Cookbook" on Amazon.com and other sites to encourage others to buy a copy. Share your Success Stories so others can learn about SparkPeople.com.
• Sharing this blog and forwarding the emails we send about the cookbook. (Don't get the Recipe of the Day email? Click here to sign up: www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/email_flags.asp!)
• Sharing info about the cookbook in your Teams and on the Message Boards
• Sending me (editor@dailySpark.com) photos of you with the cookbook when you spot it in stores or get yours in the mail! I'll share them on the dailySpark.
• Joining the official SparkTeam today: teams.sparkpeople.com/TheSparkPeopleCookbookOfficialTeam&gcode=TLL4AI2F2I!
• Liking SparkRecipes.com on Facebook to get exclusive updates from Chef Meg and me! (Click here to "Like" SparkRecipes: www.facebook.com/SparkRecipes)