How to Stay Young #7
Sunday, October 09, 2011
A friend recently sent me one of those internet things and I thought there were some fun things that more people might enjoy. Here's the first of 10 or so recommendations:
1. Try everything twice. On one woman's tombstone she said she wanted this epitaph: "Tried everything twice. Loved it both times!"
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
(Keep this in mind if you are one of those grouches!)
3. Keep learning: Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever!!! Never let the brain get idle--an idle mind is the devil's workshop and the devil's name is Alzheimer's!
4. Laugh often, long and loud!!! Laugh until you gasp for breath! And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with him or her!!!
5. Enjoy the simple things.
6. Surround yourself with what you love: whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever...your home is your refuge.
7. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, learn to cope, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life is ourselves. Accept the tears for what they are--our body's way of cleansing our spirits. Truly LIVE while you are alive!!