Better fitness level = happiness
Friday, October 07, 2011
Well my weight has not changed, which also means I have not gained...I can live with that for now. I am reaping the benefits however of improved fitness and this is what I am experiencing:
1. Improved energy level. I actually need less sleep 6 hrs vs 8 hrs.
2. Can walk briskly up the 4 flights of stairs at work with no breathlessness.
3. Better flexibility especially in my hips where I was having pain before.
4. Improved muscle tone...all over, legs, arms and but...Yayyy!
5. Better posture from back strengthening
6. Managed stress level and more patience. Yes I believe my regular exercise is helping me balance my reaction to stress and helps me have more patience with my children (maybe because I have more energy too).
7. Motivation to try new exercises. I am thinking ahead to my new fitness challenge. I am half way through the wii active 30 day challenge and am looking forward to what I can try next!
8. I am not perfect at my nutrition goals but I am better at my nutrition than I was because I have invested so much in my fitness level.
9. I look better. I feel glowy and less tired looking.
10. I feel lighter in spirit...I feel like I can do more. I didn't believe for the longest time I could exercise as much as I do now. You know...not enough time, too tired, and exercise doesn't keep my interest, all excuses. Now I know my red flags...the clues that I am losing interest in an exercise and instead of giving up I modify what I am doing. Bowflex wasn't keeping my interest...wii active 30 day challenge does.