Tuesday, October 04, 2011
Several days ago I mentioned finding a list I created in 2007 called:
My Advantage Response Card
This was an exercise from a book I was reading called: The Beck Diet Solution - train your brain to think like a thin person - by Judith S. Beck, Ph.D.
I said I would pull that book out & re-read it. I have decided to use this book to help me think like a person that wants to maintain her current weight for a lifetime. The book says this program is for everybody - 'It doesn't matter if you want to lose 5 pounds or 100 pounds or if you just want to maintain your weight.' It's Cognitive Therapy to be used with any food plan a person chooses. So it works with the way I have been eating here at SparkPeople since June, 2010.
So today I re-wrote my reasons for wanting to maintain my weight loss.
Some are the same as the original list. Some are new. And I will continue to add more as I go.
My List, October - 2011
Advantage Response Card
• I’ll be healthier
• I’ll live longer
• I’ll feel more comfortable in my own skin
• I’ll be more positive and upbeat
• I’ll feel better about my body
• I’ll be able to exercise without getting out of breath
• My knees, ankles, hips & back won’t hurt as much
• I’ll have less aches & pains
• I’ll be more flexible
• I’ll go to sleep easier, sleep deeper & better
• I won’t just sit on my butt as much
• I’ll be able to wear smaller sized clothing
• I’ll be able to buy & wear cute clothes that fit & flatter my body type
• I’ll enjoy shopping
• I’ll enjoy eating out in public
• I’ll get more compliments
• I’ll be more physically fit
• I’ll be in a normal BMI range!
• I’ll feel more in control of my choices: food, exercise & life in general
• I’ll have better self esteem & confidence
• I’ll be less self conscious
• I’ll be less self-critical
• I’ll be a happier person!
• I’ll feel more outgoing
• I’ll be more assertive
• I’ll have amazing energy for a 50-something woman!
• I won’t worry about being comfortable in public
• I’ll accept invitations do go & do more things
• I’ll feel like a ‘normal’ person – whatever that is anyway
• I’ll be proud of myself & what I have done to take care of myself
• I’ll love & respect myself for investing the time & effort in caring for me because I AM WORTH IT!