Monday, October 03, 2011
Quick update because life is calling- but I'm doing great! I'm totally back on track, and I have been for over two weeks now. Last week I was really strict about my diet- I mean I literally ate 100% clean, everyday, without a slip-up. Holy moly, did that make a difference! I finally began to shed some of the weight that I'd let rapidly creep back, and I'm not comfortably back in the 130s. Even better, my uniform fits perfectly! Basically, I'm comfortable in my skin/body again. I'm proud/happy that I kept up with my workouts even when I let me eating slip (although I obviously wish I hadn't done that!), but it's nice to shed this weight and reveal some of these muscles under here again. I can almost see abs! I'm very excited and I feel hopeful going forward that I can stick with this, I feel really good eating this way. especially avoiding soda. I can't even remember how many times I've cut out soda only to let it creep back again. I have got to remember it's pretty important key for me. I have no idea why, but I definitely eat more when I drink soda, I have no idea why.
While I'm at it, here's some other things I need to remember from this little (big!) lapse:
1. Ummm, it sucks. It really, really suck to work this hard only to regain it. It's mentally disheartening and bad for my body (my already limited tennis skills suffered when I was heavier). Mel- don't do this again.
2. Eating is way more important (in terms of my weight) than working out. *Caveat- this is true for me, I'm not recommending/directing this for anyone else. I was working out twice a day, running 4-5 miles a day and I was gaining like crazy. And I wasn't eating 5,000 calories a day or anything, but I was eating out of my range, and it had a bad, immediate effect on my weight. That being said, the workouts were effective in that I definitely see new muscles under here now that I've shed some of the weight.
3. I hate it when my clothes don't fit. Especially at work, I don't feel like myself and it's distracting.
4. Snacking for me can get out of control pretty fast. A few chocolates are ok, 10 are not.
5. I think that's it- except- DON'T DO THIS AGAIN. It is hard and annoying to get back on track. Better to STAY on track.
That's it, back to studying.