Monday, September 26, 2011
Here I am crossing the 5k finish line. Considering when I started running I was not able to run to my neighbor's mailbox, I am so proud of my accomplishment. I am finding that running a race is a lot like Spark People, there are many ups and downs on the way to that goal.
1. Set a goal.
2. Design a plan to reach that goal.
3. Begin to execute that plan.
4. Have a plan B in case the first plan is not reasonable.
5. Expect a few failures on the way to reaching that goal.
6. LEARN from those failures so you can avoid doing it again.
7. Stay focused on that goal, i.e. why you want to accomplish that goal.
8. Once you accomplish the goal, set another one.
This was my best "Official" time on a race so far. I could have pushed myself a bit harder to reach my goal of a sub30, but I had some not-so-good eating for two weeks, so my goal for this race was to do a sub31 and finish strong. I accomplished both. I heard some one comment "wow! Look at her go!" as I neared the finish line.
My advice is "Never Give Up! Goals take time and effort to accomplish. Keep Striving to achieve"