Monday, September 26, 2011
I just spent the last 5 days traveling to Prague for sightseeing and Munich for Oktoberfest.
NOT recommended for those attempting to lose weight.
I thought that maybe walking around the cities would counteract the actual affects of eating and drinking outside my "allotted caloric zone."
I was wrong.
I did walk. In Prague I walked for about 8 hours straight. Seriously. All over the entire city. In Munich I walked to Oktoberfest...sat at a table in a Fest tent and then walked back to the hotel. Not really "around the city...is it?
While I did maintain this week with the pounds on the scale...I FEEL BLAH. Yup. No energy. Exhausted. Unmotivated.
This is the point where in the past I would take a few days off and eventually come back to spark with the big declaration that I was going to really do it THIS TIME. But, if you've read my past blogs...thats just simply not allowed anymore.
I'm taking my lumps and moving forward...and learning from this experience in particular:
1. When you declare you are going to make a plan for when you travel I should probably ACTUALLY MAKE THE PLAN instead of just declaring it.
2. You do not get time off for tracking calories when traveling. (new rule that I'm adding to my suck it up rule book.)
3. Water water water water. And yes...even if it costs you a kazillion dollars because you didn't want to carry your waterbottle around. Take your lumps..pay the money and drink up.
4. Salad is a good choice even if the Italian Pizza Margherita looks better. Next time choose the salad. You'll feel better.
5. Sleep is not for the weak. Sleep is for the strong. Staying out all night does not do you any favors. (Note to self ** Plus...you look like crap the next day.)
6. Learn stretches for sitting. Its more difficult to get up and move at Oktoberfest than it is just stretching right where you are at.
7. Energy bars cost less than an 18 Euro schnitzel at a fest tent AND fit in the pocket of your dirndle. Next time put one in the pocket.
8. That headache means you didn't buy the water.
9. You were smart to wear walking around shoes instead of heels like those girls next to you.
10. Fun and laughter are important. You had a lot of that this weekend. Keep up the good work in that area.