cityzozo...I am grateful you asked this coz it helped me figure out my process & I plan to apply this to my ART practice...so here it is! I felt I could blog this...
1. A passion that keeps me interested, the fitness and body shape is a natural by product of my passion.
For me, I discovered running at the end of 2009. Never ran much before then.
2. Create a goal around that passion.
First I wanted to run a 5 km, now I want to run a 10 km.
3. Mini goals that are tracked and, most importantly, rewarded along the way...So I schedule x 3 runs a week ( 1long, 1 short, 1 mix).
This also gets my running partner very happy...(scout)
4. Did I say rewards? Hmmm- I got that covered for my 10 km race- a weekend away in a gorgeous natural place, son staying w his uncle n aunt (see .5) but don't forget weekly or monthly rewards too (I have to schedule mine or I forget!). See Mojo_risin has an awesome calendar w collage, stars & notes to inspire-I am so happy to see that idea for tracking my rewards!
5. Community: Letting others in on your goals allows them to encourage, support or be inspired by your AWESOME Fierceness at taking on something for YOU! That means Spark friends & teams, my family and a few friends.
6. Fueling my goal. I can't run without proper nutrition in my body, I just run out of energy. Same for thirst. It took a fair bit of practice but drinking water is a habit now, our whole family carries steel water bottles everywhere and for Christmas my partners family gave us an awesome benchtop filter! (see .5)
I am also very into yoga but find I work best in a class situation, I'm not very good at yoga but been at it for years. Wish I could feel good enough to get a teaching qualification in it though.