We sent an email this morning announcing "The SparkPeople Cookbook," which will be available Oct. 4. We're absolutely thrilled with the support you've shown. In fact, you've, once again, blown us away, SparkPeople members!
The cookbook is currently #52 on Amazon (out of ALL books!), the #1 book in the low-fat "diet" section and #10 in all diet cookbooks. We want to keep that momentum going and break into the top 100--and even higher--today. If you haven't yet purchased a copy, this is the time to do it!
Here is our SparkPeople affiliate link to buy the cookbook on Amazon:
Did you miss the email that SparkGuy sent this morning to tell you all about the cookbook?
If so, here it is again. Please share that email if you have it, and this blog post, too.
SparkGuy News: 'The SparkPeople Cookbook' Is Almost Here!
WooHoo! What's my reason to shout it today? The SparkPeople Cookbook: Love Your Food, Lose the Weight is almost here! Written by our own healthy cooking expert Chef Meg Galvin with SparkRecipes editor Stepfanie Romine, this cookbook proves that eating for health and weight loss can be delicious and satisfying. You don't have to give up delicious satisfying foods when you're watching your weight. You can eat to lose weight but still absolutely love your food!
Just as I've heard from so many of you that my book, "The Spark," sits on your bedside table and serves as a tangible reminder of your commitment to a healthy lifestyle, I hope that "The SparkPeople Cookbook" will take a similar place of honor in your kitchen. This is a book you'll return to time and again, whether you need a quick weeknight meal, inspiration for your annual neighborhood potluck, or a cupcake recipe for your son's birthday. (Psst: here's a sneak peek recipe from the cookbook that's a "healthy" kid-friendly cupcake that grownups also love!)
The book is chock-full of hundreds of recipes and meal ideas, dozens more variations, plenty of lists and sidebars with quick tips, substitutions and "Slim It Down" options. Plus practical, easy tips throughout to make healthy cooking quicker and easier, like no-cook breakfasts, a dozen slow-cooker recipes, tips for turning leftovers into meals, five-minute pasta and salad ideas, and so much more. With so many variations, options, ideas, and inspiration, this cookbook will become your constant kitchen companion!
Like the site that inspired it, this cookbook is intended to guide you, step by step and goal by goal, to creating a healthier you. We don't expect you to become a gourmet healthy chef overnight. Instead, we'll give you tips to learn at your own pace and suggest ways to improve your diet by cooking one meal at a time. The SparkPeople Cookbook shows that healthy eating can be simple and fun, and, best of all, delicious!
So why write a cookbook when you can access SparkRecipes.com for free? The SparkPeople Cookbook distills the best of SparkPeople.com and SparkRecipes.com into one book. And, it works perfectly with the online SparkPeople program-the nutrition information from all the recipes is even loaded into the nutrition tracker so that you can easily track what you cook! But it's much more than just delicious recipes! Inside you'll get:
• 150 meal ideas and recipes that take 30 minutes or less to prepare, plus dozens of other, more elaborate meals for days when you have more time to cook
• Makeovers of popular member-submitted recipes
• Quick and tasty "Make It a Meal" feature that suggests easy ways to add sides that will turn every main dish into a well-balanced meal, complete with calorie and nutrition information!
• Success Stories (including follow-ups from The Spark) that show how members cooked their way to weight loss!
• Nutrition and healthy kitchen chapters that give you a quick, easy but comprehensive crash course on how to create nutritionally balanced meals for you and your family
• Results from the SparkPeople "Ditch the Diet" Taste Test, which proves that you don't have to eat boring and tasteless food to lose weight
• Two weeks of meal plans-with breakfast, lunch, dinner, and two snacks-all between 1,400-1,600 calories per day
• And much, much more-almost 500 pages with 100 beautiful color photographs!
Try these recipes from the book!
• Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken. There's a reason why this is the No. 1 recipe among SparkPeople members. It's easy to make with infinite variations, and it's full of hunger-busting fiber and protein. Chef Meg's made-over version slashed the salt and added a serving of vegetables in every portion. Only 165 calories and 2.5 g fat per serving! (Try the new recipe tonight!) recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=871817
• Three Cheese Macaroni. So rich and creamy (yet easy!) you'll say, "Blue box? What blue box?" 2/3 the fat and half the calories of the original-only 260 calories and 8 grams of fat for a heaping cup! (Get a sneak peek at the recipe here: recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=892784
• Tilapia with Roasted Tomatoes and Lemon. Fish that's easy to cook, impressive enough for company-and only 105 calories and 2 g fat a serving? Yes! And it's ready in just 30 minutes!
• Dark Chocolate Cake. Let's just call this decadent-and-healthier cake our dark little secret. It has half the calories (228), plus twice the protein (8 g) and fiber (4 g) than a typical slice of cake!
Pre-order your copy today (www.sparkpeople.com/cookbook
)to get 500 SparkPoints plus FREE bonus recipe cards and kitchen chart pack available only to those who buy the book. Please encourage your family, friends (and SparkFriends) to purchase it, too!
Get your copy-and use it. Keep it on display in your kitchen, so you'll constantly be reminded of the importance of healthy cooking! This is one of the most important ways you can help us Spread the Spark. The site you know and love will continue to be 100% free, but we think this cookbook will help you take your program to a new level. So ditch the diet and lose weight-while eating food you love!
Chris "SparkGuy" Downie