Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Time for some self love (no FITTINGIN130, you perv, not *that* kind :P )
Things you may not know about me (or, reasons that I am awesome!) for the Punx Weekly Challenge #2:
1. I make art! I've been featured in online magazines and done commission work for various charities and small businesses over the years. Portraits are my specialty and I'm practicing at figure work in the hopes of doing my own comic book/graphic novel someday.
2. I read ridiculously fast - it has to do with the way I see words. I don't read word by word or line by line. Rather, when I look at a page I absorb it in blocks. Usually a paragraph at a time. My friends in high school used to *enjoy* watching me read, and it's not because they were epic nerds (though there was a little of that, I'm sure!) Thus, I prefer audiobooks because they last longer ;)
3. I write well. Blogging, fiction, editing, business correspondence, general wordsmithery and e-mails designed to make passive-aggressive d-bags look like idiots are my specialties. I know how to make words work and speak to an audience, and my vocabulary is, like, really good. And stuff.
4. I have a sense of humour. Mostly dry with a side of scathing, but I don't tend come across as bitchy because I'm rather good at making people laugh at themselves along with me. It's a gift.
5. I am your number one fan and your biggest cheerleader. I love genuine enthusiasm. I don't even care for what. If you're passionate about something, truly passionate, then I am behind you all the way - cracking jokes, letting you geek out and planning the victory parade. So yes, please, tell me why you prefer the baroque style to neo-gothic architecture, or how Wolverine could totally rock Batman in a fight, or about that time you caught the biggest fish of them all. I'm all ears :D
Your turn! What makes you pfantastic?