Advertisement -- Learn more
about ads on this site.
Please Read the "My Goals" Subsection of My SparkPage
Monday, September 19, 2011
Please check out the goals subsection of my SparkPages' Profile. I have listed some simple goals (simple as far as complexity - not the ease in my ability to achieve these goals). Anyone else have any other ideas for goals that I should strive for and therefore list there? Your help would be greatly appreciated. I thank you in advance.
Member Comments About This Blog Post
I think you are fine with what you are setting. As you go, you will see what works and what doesn't. I started off setting a goal of losing X-lbs by a certain date. That date would come and go and I didn't always re4ach my goal and I would get down on my self. I tweaked things and in the end decided on throwing the dates away and getting to my goal when I get there. Percentages always made things feel better to me—say to lose 10%. It might only be a couple of pounds but when you say to yourself that you lost 10%, it seems like more, at least to me.
Good luck and I know you will do it!
1770 days ago
Thank you MacMom57. I can never think of unique names to use online so I came up with this unoriginal name.
Crabada, thank you so much for all your suggestions. I really like them. I think I need more accomplishments to reach. I think it will keep me more motivated. I guess I am high maintenance.
1771 days ago
Comment edited on: 10/1/2011 7:49:52 PM
I think you have a great list so far. I've included many of the same on my goal tracker, but have a couple others I could suggest:
- Monthly goals. I decided the date on which I want to reach my final goal weight, and then figured out how many pounds per month I need to lose to achieve that goal. I get a reward if I've hit that number by the end of every month.
- Percentage goals. Things like 10%/25% of your starting weight lost, 25%/50%/75% of the way to your goal.
- Weekly goals/rewards. I've decided that for every seven days I stay within my calorie range, I'm allowed to have fro-yo from Yogurtland. The only rule is that the YL has to be factored in to my calories for whatever day I decide to have it - no going over.
- Clothing sizes. Reward yourself every time you reach a new, smaller size.
- Challenges. There are tons of different challenges you can sign up for along the way.
That's about all I can think of. Hope they help.
Lastly, a few of my teams have threads about reward ideas, so in case you want to check those out, here they are:
1775 days ago
Love you name. Are your goals per month or every 5? They are good goals very reachable. Rewards are a great idea gives you something to work for.
1775 days ago
You have some good goals just remember one step at a time. You can do anything you put your mind to.
1775 days ago
Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.
More Blogs by UNORIGINALNAME