As I have said in past blogs, I love autumn! As the air gets colder I am growing more and more in love with some of my new (and old) fall things. Whenever I find something good I always want to tell my friends about it, so here it goes :)
This is what I am loving right now:
1. The first thing I am loving (in fact the item that inspired this blog) isn't even a new fall item, I have been using it for several months and love it.
This is a circuit training DVD, so you get cardio and strength training in one. It is fairly challenging, but totally doable (there is only one move that I just cannot do... YET), and I am seeing some serious results in my arms and shoulders especially!
2. Thanks to item #1 I can now fit into a size 20 jean at Old Navy (I was a 28 in January) and these are the most flattering, comfortable jeans!
3. This is an odd item for me, because I am SO NOT a frozen dinner type girl. I am a make it from scratch, no ingredients I cannot pronounce type of girl. I am also a mac and cheese type of girl, and when I make it, i REALLY MAKE IT- I'm talking tons of gruyere and extra sharp cheddar, in a bechamel made with whole milk and butter... ok so you get my drift. For a quick and yummy lunch I have been having Trader Joe's Reduced Guilt Mac and Cheese. Of course it is not as good as my delcious homemade calorie bomb, but for a pureist like me it still fits the bill.
4. Ever since I started losing weight the fashion lover in me has reawakened, all of a sudden I care about what I wear (and it better look good and not just "fit"), and I want my makeup, hair and nails to look good. For the fall this is my new favorite nail color (I bought it at Target):
5. I LOVE shoes, and eventually I will be a heels girl, but right now flats are more comfortable and these look so good with a pair of jeans:
6. This recipe is a staple during the colder months. The calories are already figured out for you, although in my experience there are more servings than they estimate so the calories are a bit lower, and you can always sub turkey sausage and lower the calories even more. I am not a lentil girl and yet this is just the best soup (make sure the lentils are tender before you serve it- there is nothing like a crunchy lentil to ruin the soup!).
I hope everyone is loving the change in the seasons as much as I am!!