A Saturday Spritual Hymn and Message!
Saturday, September 10, 2011
Greetings of Peace To Everyone! The trouble with a lot of people is that their God is too small. Our God is larger than life if we could measure him. Praise God.
HYMN: "DOES JESUS CARE?" The words to this hymn was created by Frank E, Graeff in 1901, and the music by J. Lincoln Hall, also in 1901. The scripture that inspired this hymn is Matt 11:28-30, "Come to me and I will give you rest".
1. Does Jesus care when my heart is pained, Too deeply for myrth and song;
As the burdens press, and the cares distress, and the way grows weary and long? REFRAIN.
2. Does Jesus care when my way is dark, With a nameless dread and fear?
As the day light fade into deep night shades, Does He care enough to be near? REFRAIN.
3. Does Jesus care when I've said "good-by", to the dearest on earth to me,
And my sad heart aches till it nearly breaks, Is it aught to Him? Does He see?
REFRAIN: O yes, He cares, I know He cares, His heart is touched with my grief;
When the days are weary and the long night dreary, I know my Savior cares.
MESSAGE: JESUS, THE GREAT PHYSICIAN!
1. John shows us in John 5:6, Jesus doing three great works of grace:
a. The first one was: Jesus is shown choosing the man.
b. The second one is: Jesus is shown caring for the man.
1. Jesus knew all there is to know about this man.
2. He knew the man had been crippled for a long time, unable to walk, unable to stand, unable to carry his bed.
3. He knew the man was totally dependent upon others for everything.
4. Jesus reaches out to the man because He cared.....THAT'S GRACE.
2. PICTURE THIS! Jesus refuses to look at us as we are, and chooses rather to see us as we can become through the power of His grace. Jesus looks beyond our faults and failures, and cares for us in spite of our sins. He loves us even though He knows our evil thoughts and deeds. He loves us even though we will fail Him again and again. Jesus said in Mark 2:17, "They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance". Do you care? Have you heard the call? Have you repented and turned to Jesus? He loves you and doesn't want you to perish. To be continued Monday.
May God help our vision to become clear when we look into our own heart: for he who looks outside of himself, dreams; and he who looks inside of himself, will be awaken. In His Grace and Healing, Vic.