Starting Line Thread:
You have until Friday (9/9) to register for this challenge, by posting this completed template in this thread by Friday.
THIS is the official PMP Webpage in case this challenge gets its plug pulled:
PIMP MY (P)RIDE PRIVATE CHALLENGE TEAM: teams.sparkpeople.com/pimp-my-
1. Find your official starting line. [[THIS IS YOUR WEEK ONE ASSIGNMENT, DUE FRIDAY]]
While remembering that slow to medium speed of reps is the BEST way to strengthen (never speed), find out how many of each of these you can complete in a minute. Remember, you are going to be competing only against yourself, so if someone is doing them faster than you, they have to beat their own speed eventually and you will never have to.
Crunches completed in 1 minute: 35
- Proper Crunch Demo: www.sparkpeople.com/resource/e
- Proper Sit Ups Demo:
Pushups (or modified pushups) completed in 1 minute: 20
- Proper Modified Pushup Demo: www.sparkpeople.com/resource/e
- Proper Traditional Pushup Demo: www.sparkpeople.com/resource/e
How long (up to one minute) can you hold a plank or modified plank? 30 sec
-Proper Plank Demo: www.sparkpeople.com/resource/e
Proper Modified (forearm) Plank Demo: www.sparkpeople.com/resource/e
Pull-Ups (if you have somewhere available to do them) completed in 1 minute: N/A
Squats (or lunges, or both)(without weights) completed in 1 minute: 35
- Proper Squat Demo: www.sparkpeople.com/resource/e
- Proper Lunge Demo: www.sparkpeople.com/resource/e
2. What equipment will be you be using in this challenge?
Resistance bands and dumbbells at home.
Own body weight.
3. What dumbbells weight/resistance level are you starting at? (if applicable) 10lb resistance band/5lbs for smaller muscles like triceps.
4. Why do you feel the burning desire to grow stronger, to change shape, to prove yourself?
* I'm looking to kick my metabolism in turbo.
* Helllllooo, i'm gonna be 42 this year
!!! I aims ta reverse the aging process and make the fountain of youth look like a birdbath!
* I wanna be able to for once have my body and personality match so I look on the outside the way I feel (most times, anyway) on the inside.
* Sessy hair deserves sessy clothes to go along with...
* I never realized til now how nice it is to turn heads.
* As I age gracefully, it would be nice to feel like things CAN get better instead of it being "all downhill from here".
* And lastly, I don't want to die relatively young or deal with the same or similar health challenges as those in my family who have come before me.
5. Create your tracking space.
I will be using my Chalean Extreme "Muscle Burns Fat" Guidebook specifically designed to track my progress including increased resistance as well as number of reps.
The reason I am requiring everyone to have a workout tracking log is because with ST you have to be very careful not to workout the same workout groups on back to back days all the time. You need to decide ahead of time which 2-3 days of the week that you will rest from ST and either do cardio instead, or simply stretch/eat right/enjoy your rest day. The assignments that I will be dealing out, have been created so that they can be done over several days, allowing YOU to decide, when YOUR rest day will be...
6. Your dreaded before pictures.
A. take pictures of any specific areas where you plan on tracking changes in physical appearance. You CANNOT spot-shrink specific areas of your body, but if you dedicate serious time and hard work into squats, your leg muscles will indeed change shape. SO to track these changes, without expecting to get a washboard tummy by only doing crunches every day for the next 8 weeks, you can take before pictures of:
or any other area you want to specifically track (i know some of you are seriously only interested in changing your backs/calves for example).
B. You can post these in the PMP Challenge Photo Album, But I ask and strongly urge anyone that posts before pics in there, to also take the time to encourage the other brave souls who also posted their before pics.
7. Starting Line Measurements NO CHEATIN!
Here is a sparkticle that explains how and what to measure!
*waist: 38 in
*hips: 50 in
*abductors: 48 in
*chest: 41 in
*R-arm: 16 in
*L-arm: 16 in
*R-thigh: 23 in
*L-thing: 23 in
* I suggest taking a picture of any area you measure, so you can compare the measurement AND the physical appearance of each group by time November rolls round.
Feel free to track your weight and calories in your templates as you need.