So I logged a gain this week. Very. Discouraging.
Up from 188.3 to 190.0. WTF? I worked out most days this week, and I ate pretty okay (except for going out to eat Monday/Thursday and snacking my way through work on Friday, breaking my rule of no alcohol during the week (twice) and not tracking every single thing...). Maybe the eating wasn't that great. It's also TOM so that didn't help either.
It's okay, I'm not going to let this get me down! I'm going to totally ROCK next week.
Successes this week:
1. Workouts - I did skip a workout on Tuesday morning (made up for it that night), and I blew off my Friday morning workout (also kind of made up for it that night). I did a double workout on Thursday - my morning workout AND went rollerblading around the park with DH in the afternoon (I love half days!).
Total time tracked (not counting today): 178 minutes
Total calories burned: 1648
2. Completed this week's INSPIRE challenge.
I got my 2 yoga workouts in - Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown (so hard!), and a yoga workout on our new Xbox Kinect (actually pretty good). DH finally broke down and got the Kinect last weekend, and it is super fun! We have the Dance Central game and the Biggest Loser Workout game - I am pleasantly surprised by how fun and how good the workouts are.
I will freely admit that we've discovered that Dance Central and Kinect Sports are both excellent drinking games - had a bunch of friends over last weekend to play. But during the week, NO drinking during Kinect. Except on Thursday night after dinner group.
Things I changed up this week:
1. Tried new breakfast (I usually eat eggs, fruit) - tried English muffins, fruit. It was alright, I really missed my protein in the morning.
2. Tried a new ingredient - low fat buttermilk. Made a low fat dressing for my salads this week (I usually just use the bottled stuff). It was really good! And I felt like it was healthier because it only had like 5 ingredients.
3. Tried new workouts - on the Kinect and went rollerblading for the second time in like 5 years. So fun!
Not-so-successes this week:
1. Eating like a crazy person at least 4 or so times this week.
2. Breaking my no alcohol during the week rule. Twice. Although one was planned, the other unplanned. But it WAS really nice to sit outside and have a couple of beers on Monday night with our unexpected house guests (a couple of DH's hippie friends on their way back to Colorado).
Planning for success next week:
1. Meal plan! It never fails, every week I ignore a meal plan I tend to gain weight and have an off week.
2. Plan to workout 4 of 5 weekday mornings, add a bonus workout on at least 3 days by playing Kinect after work (without alcohol!).
3. Figure out how to listen to a podcast so I can complete this week's INSPIRE challenge. I have never listened to a podcast that I am aware of. Although I'm on the internet constantly and we have 3 computers and 2 iPhones in our house. DH is going to have to help me with this.
Now, off to enjoy this great weather and catch up on yard work (read: try to stop being THOSE neighbors with a horribly unkempt yard), and then to the preseason Rams game tonight!