Sunday, August 07, 2011
1. (diet) Aim to drink 1 more cup of water a day than you usually drink. If you usually drink 8 cups a day, drink 9 this week.
2. (exercise) Try two new moves this week. Ex: If you've never tried superman before, try it once this week. Then, try jumping jacks during a different work out.
3. (communication) Comment on a member of L.R. Sparkers blog this week. They scroll by on the Team Stream everyday. Pick one; read it; comment on it.
1. Well, I bombed on this one and I'm totally blaming my water bottle. See, I deliberately chose one that holds 32 ounces of water. I drink one full bottle at my desk at work before lunch and another before the end of the work day. Weekends are trickier, but I manage somehow to remember to drink two full bottles. A couple of times this week I remembered to drink an extra glass, but there were five full days that I didn't--yikes. I either need a bigger bottle or a better reminder system if I'm going to pull this one off! I think it might be a good idea, especially with the heat outside and the small but near-daily exercise I do.
2. I tried several new moves when doing Yoga one day this week. Kind of a weak effort since I'd been planning to try Yoga every day, but technically I'm good on this one. I want to do Yoga more often to strengthen and balance my core, not to mention getting more stretching and deep breathing.
3. This one was pretty easy since I try to reply to most of the blogs my friends post. I get so much encouragement from others doing well and comfort from others who aren't perfect, either, but keep going! So discussing what they've written, even if it's just to say a quick "good job," really helps keep me on track and feel like I'm not in this alone!