Tuesday, July 26, 2011
I have been trying something new in this phase of my healthy lifestyle journey. Since I am no longer looking at it as a short term weight loss program and have embraced the lifelong health objective, I know that if I say "no" 100% of the time, I will end up burning out and failing. However, I can't just give in to all of my spontaneous cravings, so what's a girl to do?
Here are a few of the ways I have come to agreements with myself this week:
- I had no time to prepare a meal & wanted to eat out the other day & I thought about getting a Five Guys burger + fries, but instead I went to Subway & got an oven roated chicken sub with LOTS of veggies and very little dressing
- Three days ago hubby & I ran through a fast food drive thru on the way home from work and he got a chicken sandwich, but I remembered I had fruity greek yogurt in the fridge at home and reminded myself I could have that instead. YUM!
- Last night I really wanted some ice cream, so I got a teaspoon and ate a few teaspoons full, then I ate a handful of Bear Naked Fit granola
- Today they had cupcakes at lunch, but instead of eating a whole cupcake I just got half of one
- This afternoon I was feeling like my blood sugar had dropped & I was tempted to go down to the gift shop & get candy, but instead I went to the cafeteria & got 1/2 unsweet, 1/2 sweet tea and saved a TON of calories
It's those little compromises that really add up at the end of the day. Envision the number on that scale going DOWN & remember that it only goes down if we refrain from overindulgence, but balance it out with some fun every once in a while.
*****REMEMBER: This is not a life prison sentence, it is a commitment to a longer, fuller, healthier life!*****
Have you made good compromises lately?