Monday, July 18, 2011
Hey All - I have a job interview tomorrow for a teaching assistant position for the performing arts courses - for those of you who don't know I already teach TV&Film and Drama and intermittent singing lessons and vocal coaching work as well - I know I can do the job and do it well - it's a step up money wise - and I could FINALLY quit support work if I am successful.
Why am I worrying?
1) It's a job interview... they're meant to be nerve-wracking...right?
2) I REALLY want the job
3) I KNOW I can do it
4)I reaaaaaalllly want the job LOL
5) I need the money
6) I could give up the support work if I get it
7) I studied there for 5 years and know all the staff - can't decided if good or bad thing
8) I have already taught there - Nov - Dec 2010 and loved it - so they have seen me work
9) It would open up A LOT of opportunities for me
10) would help me push forward with career!
I have done a few hours prep - practiced standard questions - thought about why I want the job - what I could bring to the table - answered the test question about how I would help a student if they were struggling with the task as set in the question - written questions to ask at the end.
any tips of staying calm, giving a good interview, not rambling LOL