... ok, so I stayed home from work today because I was feeling a little tired, but since I was home I decided to try my hand at making cauliflower pizza.
This is how I made it...
Ingredients for crust
1 cup riced cauliflower
1 whole egg
Mozzarella cheese - grated (...about 1/4 cup)
Dried Jalepeno peppers (optional)
Salt/pepper - to taste
This is how it looked before baking
Ingredients for white cauliflower pizza:
2/3 cup Jimmy Dean's Turkey sausage crumbles
1/4 (... or a little more) grated mozzarella cheese
Dried red chiles (... can you tell I like it spicy!)
Preheat oven to 350 - 400 (... I use a convection oven, so temps will vary)
- Mix well, all of the above ingredients in a bowl
- Spray a flat pan or pie pan with oil spray ( ... I know not Paleo, working on this)
- Place in oven and bake until edges look almost burnt (... very brown)... about 15 minutes or so
- remove from oven and add the other ingredients, meat, additional cheese, spices, etc.
- put back into the oven and bake until the cheese melts. * According to my clock, the total time to prepare this pizza was 25 minutes
This is the finished product
This pizza was delicious, I am almost speechless at how amazing this pizza taste. I am fascinated by all the different techniques I am learning as I progress into my Paleo journey. It is so basic, but yet so absolutely delicious and complex at the same time, because you can add as much or as little to this recipe as you like.
I made a small pan sized version because this was my first time making it and I didn't want to make too much. Well, needless to say, after I write this blog, I am off to make another one!... oh yeah, it's that good!
... I didn't want to add any sauce and it tasted fine without it, that's why I named it "White Cauliflower Pizza"... I may add some @ another time, the possibilities are endless. For my second pizza today, I am going to add:
- chopped baby spinach
- green onion slices / chives
- rehydrated porcini mushrooms
If you are looking for a healthy alternative to pizza, whether you are going Paleo or not, this is the way to go... If you decide to make one, please stop by and let me know how you liked it and also, what your recipe is.