Thursday, July 14, 2011
A Blessed Thursday Morning To Everyone. Take care of yourself and let God do all the rest. Give God all the glory and praise.
PRAYER: "Merciful and Loving Father, God of all Creation! Thank You for revealing to us so many example of faith in scripture and in life. May our faith be a heritage to our love ones and to others. You have shown us Your love and Your commandments so we may walk in them. Help us to have a heart like David. Although he made aweful mistakes in his life, he is known as "a man after Your heart". Enable us to keep the faith now, and for the future generations to come, that they may follow our examples as we follow Jesus, our Lord. This we pray and ask in His blessed name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: JESUS, THE SON OF MAN!
1. The second portrait of Jesus show us Jesus at a Jewish wedding feast (John 2:1-2).
a. The CIRCUMSTANCES surrounding the wedding feast are as follows:
1. Jewish marriage customs, the BETROTHAL, lasted about a year.
2. In the evening, the bride was led to the bridegroom's home.
3. The ceremony included a supper that was followed by festivities which often lasted more than a day.
4. Mary is never mentioned by name in the Gospel of John; only as the "mother of Jesus".
5. We do not know who is getting married, but we believe it was a kinsman of Jesus: perhaps a brother, a sister or a cousin.
6. Mary is involved with and in the festivity arrangments.
7. Jesus is at the wedding along with Andrew, Simon, Philip, John and Nathanael, some of His disciples.
2. PICTURE THIS! If we learn anything from this portrait, it is that Jesus chooses to participate in everyday, common routine events in people's life. Jesus isn't just for Sundays and Wednesdays, but for everyday. Jesus is either Lord of all, or He isn't Lord of all in our life (Acts 10:36). Is Jesus Lord of your life? Or, are you holding back on Him? To be continued Friday!
May the happiness In Jesus, the Son of Man, we feel today go on and on and on forever.
In His Marvelous Grace, Vic.