A Wednesday Prayer and Message!
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Aloha Everyone! Stay committed to your faith and it will become a reality. Give God all the praise and glory.
PRAYER: "Holy Father, Loving God! Help us to remember our life before we trusted You and obeyed Jesus; how we lived in hopelessness; how we dwelt in self, pride and negative thoughts; how Jesus tranformed us by the power of His WORD; but You had plans for us and now we live in HOPE; hope in Your promises, hope in Your WORD, hope for the future; hope of a resurrection, and hope of eternal life. You are indeed the One and only One True God who cares about us. You renew our strength daily. We soar on wings like eagles. We run and not grow weary. We walk and not faint. Thank You Father! Thank You Jesus! Thank You Holy Spirit! These things we pray in Jesus' name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: A Portrait of Jesus in John's Gallery!
1. As we move on from the first portrait and approach the second portrait, we notice immediately that Jesus is not only God, but He is also SON OF MAN!
a. The second portrait deals with the life of Jesus.
b. There is a scene of a wedding taking place in Cana of Galilee (John 2:1-11).
c. We see Jesus, the Son of Man, in all His humanity.
d. We see Jesus getting involed in the problems and situations of ordinary everyday life.
2. Cana of Galilee is a village on the west side of the Sea of Galilee.
a. "Cana" is mentioned only three times in scripture, and only in the Gospel of John.
1. John 2:1 and 11, where Jesus performed His first recorded miracle.
2. John 4:46, where Jesus healed a nobleman's son.
3. John 21:2, as Nathanael's hometown.
b. Two sites are given today as possible sites for Cana:
1. One is about four miles northeast of Nazarath.
2. The other site is about nine miles north of Nazarath.
3. PICTURE THIS! We have been invited to attend a wedding. Did you know that Jesus has a bride and that preparation for His wedding is being made even as we speak (Rev 19:6-10). Have you received your invittation? To be continued Thursday!
May today be the beginning of a lifetime of beautiful days! In His Love, Vic.