Monday, July 11, 2011
It's always something.
In June, DD needed chauffering to computer class -- an hour away. It was an excellent class; she got a lot out of it.
But it meant that 1 drove her out in the morning and back in the afternoon. Every weekday for 2 weeks. Adding 4 hours to my daily chores. On the days I stayed in town, the class added 8 hours to my routine.
I didn't exercise much during June.
Now it's July. We have been planning a bathroom renovation for this month. And we tend to work ourselves to exhaustion. For example, Saturday, we first did some household work:
* lay out soaker hoses. turn on.
* try to fix broken laundry door.
Then, we went to town (an hour away):
* Select special gift wrap for an upcoming wedding
* Pick up DH's resized wedding band
* Check out hardware in Habitat Resale store.
* Gas up the truck.
* Big Box hardware store to buy a bathtub. Load tub on trailer. Park truck and trailer, and go back inside. Buy lights, towel bars, etc. for bathroom remodel.
* ANOTHER Big Box hardware store. Discuss measurements and features. Pick out colors and place order for countertops and tub surround. Buy faucet and misc hardware.
* Sam's Club. Grab a piece of pizza. Shop for kitcheware, electronics, and food.
Arrive home 9:30 p.m.
Chili has been simmering in the crockpot. Start it cooling. Unpack perishables. Have a bowl of chili, and collapse.