It's time to get back on the Spark bandwagon! This weekend has been a bit of a "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" kind of weekend (just regarding food, guys, nothing else
) But I have finished up some things (which is good for me 'cause I'm all about lists).
Took my content exam on Saturday; I cannot go any further in my studies until I pass this test. It felt like I did OK. I knew a lot of the answers straight out, some of them I had to eliminate until I got to the best answer and some I just had to guess on. It is 125 questions covering about five different subjects. I studied for it, got up there in plenty of time and ate (some, not a lot) chocolate chips right before the test. (Brain works on sugar and chocolate helps calm me down). They gave us five hours to take the test; I was done in an hour. You either know it or you don't, sitting there for four more hours would not have brought in any missing answers. I will find out the results on August 5. Keep your fingers crossed!
We had a surprise party for my son; he turns 30 this month. It worked. He was surprised and delighted. The party was lovely, the house was shiny and the food was good. Had a pina colada and yummy food. I didn't go overboard but I'm pretty sure that I went over my limit a bit. I hadn't been tracking food consistently because the test AND the party were on the same day (it just turned out that way), so I was a little overwhelmed with trying to complete everything. And then I had a flare last week (urgh! evil RA) which slammed my workout schedule.
But today is a new day; my meds are working, the house is relatively clean and just needs a slight buffing, the garden is all planted and right now the heavens are watering it for me and my test is over so I don't need to study right now.
This gives me time to:
1. Read (oh glorious, non-school/non-work related, doesn't have to stick in my brain reading)
2. Start working on my LiveText. This is an on-line portfolio that teachers in my program have to fulfill. It's not due until Fall 2012, but if I start doing it in little increments now it will not be a pain filled exercise. I am thinking about spending 10 minutes a day on it
3. Work on my archery, I have two more classes left and it is fun in an Amazonian kind of way.
4. Clean. I actually like cleaning my house, I just don't like having a deadline. This way I can putter around and obsess on things...
5. Log my food and pay attention to what we eat. We have been successful in this. Can I tell you how proud I am of my husband? He's lost over 40 lbs and I am approaching 30 total from last November, although after the party I am going to wait until Friday to get back on the scale..
6. Get my running back on track. I would really like to get under 30 minutes for a 5k.
7. Sew, meaning get the little things that need to be fixed so I can make some fantastic costumes for Halloween.
8. I want to make a tiny fairy garden inside my garden; so I need to build some teeny little houses.
You get the picture right? Silly, lovely, summer things that just make me smile.
Gotta go now, if you need me I'll be upstairs reading...