1. I love reading. Sci-fi and fantasy are my personal drugs of choice.
2. I want to do my PhD at Chapel Hill, where I did my BA. It's my little piece of Blue Heaven, and I'm a Tarheel to the core.
3. There is a special place in my heart for Israel. Living here for a year has only increased that affection.
4. I'm a huge animal lover. The two cats I have now were dumpster-kittens whose mother was hit by a car. They're flying back to the USA with me in 18 days.
5. Family is the most important thing in the world.
6. I have a huge pet peeve with people who spell things atrociously. i.e. people on facebook/texts/twitter who spell baby "bAbi" and boy "Boi" and insist on using numbers as letters. I want to take a red marker and mark that mess up!
7. I love the desert. As far as climates go, it's definitely my favorite.
8. In the future, I want to start an animal rescue organization for large-breed dogs.
9. I'm writing my MA thesis on geopolitics and climate change in conflict zones.
10. I did karate for 6 yrs as a child, and quit just after receiving my black belt. Not continuing is still a regret.
11. I ran varsity cross-country and played varsity softball in high school. Which probably contributed to my weight problem, because I continued eating like an athlete long after I stopped being an athlete.
12. I think political and religious debate are necessary for healthy relationships. If you don't have enough respect for each other to calmly talk about those things, then there isn't much of a relationship.
13. I love riding horses. English saddle, not Western. Western riding makes me feel lazy, lol.
14. I'm very self-confident about my abilities, but at the same time I'm extremely insecure about my weight.
15. I have a serious procrastination problem, and it affects school, work, and weight loss. I'm working on it.