Friday, July 01, 2011
So, I started "official" induction 4 days ago. I have lost 2 pounds and I hit ketosis this morning. It is actually a lot easier than I thought it would be, but I have kind of eased into it. I started to Low Carb a couple of months ago but was derailed by a hospital stay and a round of prednisone after that.
So I picked up the book (the 2002 version) of Atkins and as soon as I finished reading the chapter on induction I decided to start it.
I feel good, have not really had any of the symptoms of the change over, probably because I have been loosely following an LC plan for a while.
I plan to follow induction perfectly for the suggested 14 days, then revisit my menu, probably adding a few things here and there until it stalls my weight loss and then turn back.
1. 14 days of following the plan perfectly.
2. get down to pre-prednisone weight.
3. get down to pre-end of pregnancy weight.
4. get below 200
5. get into my wedding dress
6. be able to wear that green dress
7. I want to wear that green dress to my son's "Senior Day" at church, which will be the beginning of May 2013,
8.I also want to be able to do what I want without my physical condition holding me back. I want to walk around, pick heavy things up, go dancing all night long, garden all day, etc.
Not too much to ask or expect! I am excited.