End of June update
Thursday, June 30, 2011
here we go!
1. The basement is completely put back to where it was "before" - as ServPro advertises - "Like it never happened"!
2. Bronchitis is ALMOST gone - still have a bit of a nagging cough, but I'm hoping to kick that to the curb in the next few days.
3. Eric (my son) just called me after his post-op appointment - the doctor is impressed! He said the benchmark for 3 weeks post-op is to have 90 degrees movement in the knee - Eric is up to 120 degrees movement! He's been cleared to be able to get the incision wet (bathing/showering - I didn't ask about swimming). He's been given the go-ahead to try to work on putting weight on the leg/knee, and hopefully get rid of crutches in a week!
4. My partner's daughter is leaving tomorrow to spend a week with her mom. That gives Tom and I some time to "be a couple" - albeit he's having surgery and recovering from same.... at least we'll get one small "date night" in there before the surgery!
5. Speaking of which - Tom's surgery is July 5. The closer it gets, the more he's convinced that he made the right decision to get this DONE. He's looking forward to getting off pain meds, and dosing every 4 hours! I'd love for our life to get back to "normal" or "new normal" - whatever that is!
6. Payout night last night for the 12 week Weight Loss Challenge at the nutrition club. I wasn't one of the money winners, but I did manage to lose 5.7 lbs and 2.25". Doesn't sound as impressive as I thought it was, now that I've typed it... but considering what I've been thru in the last 3 weeks - I'll take it!