Thursday, June 30, 2011
A Grateful Thursday Morning To Everyone! Each day I'll do a golden deed, by helping those who are in need. We are indeed grateful for every day and for each of you. Praise God!
PRAYER: " Merciful and Loving Father, Glorious God! We are grateful that we can pray for others as well as for ourselves. Since we learned about You, we have not ceased praying to You and asking You to fill our lives with the knowledge of Your will; to fill us through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. We pray daily for the people You have brought into our hearts and into our lives. Fill them with Your wondeful wisdom, knowledge and understanding of Your WORD, Jesus Christ, The WORD of GOD. May they hear Your voice and come to know You better than we. May we all draw nearer to You each day for a closer walk with You by faith in our Lord, Jesus Christ. It is in His name that we pray and ask these things, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Jesus, The Preexistent Word!
1. As we continue to peruse the first portrait in Johm's gallery, we something else about Jesus.
a. We see Jesus, The CONTOVERSAL WORD.
1. Jesus came preaching repentance (Mark 1:15), and men thought He was strange.
2. He healed people and performed miracles and signs, and men thought He was a prophet sent by God (John 3:2).
3. He spoke the Word of God with power (Luke 4:36), and people were amazed.
4. He claimed equality with God (John 19:7), and they thought he was crazy.
5. He became the CONTROVERSAL WORD (John 14:9).
b. John tells us clearly in John 1c, "and the Word was God".
1. Men still grapple with this truth.
2. They accept the humble Jesus, His teachings, His meekness, His death, the serving Christ.
3. However, they will not acknowledge Him as the GOD/MAN Jesus Christ.
4. Jesus is 100% all God and 100% all man, wrapped up in one neat package for us (Phil 2:5-11).
2. PICTURE THIS! Jesus is GOD IN HUMAN FLESH and GOD IN THE SPIRIT! And the truth that separates believers from nonbelievers, whether we are going to heaven or to hell, is our acceptance of the TRUTH that Jesus is GOD. John declared it and I believe it! Do you believe it? To Be Continued Tomorrow.
May God help us to see with our hearts the TRUTH John is portraying for us in his gallery.
In His Truth and Word, Vic.