DIY Challenge Entry Card
My Challenge Name: Calm Focus
My Starting Weight: 158.7 pounds or 72 kilo
Four Other things I will be measuring during this challenge & their current stats:
1. weight training consistency : current streak 2 days a week. My aim is 3 x a week for the entire challenge, even when I am on holiday from 8th -18th July. How: YMCA, on hols: spark videos on my iphone (range permitting) or 30 mins yoga.
2. waist 41.5 & abdomen 37 - Healthy is waist 32.5 and lower. I want to lose 2 inches for this challenge.
3. distance on my training runs - Currently run 5 - 8 km x3 per week. Aim to run 8 - 10 km x3 per week. Register for a 10 km race.
4. progress with HIIT (high intensity interval training) on stationary bike. Starting today with 10 mins and building up to 45 mins per session.
If I am going to be 100% honest with myself, the reason I am doing this challenge is because: I am clinging to the fragment of hope that somehow, this challenge will see me get consistent body shrinkage results. 2 years on spark has seen me gain fitness, confidence & skills but not lose much weight. A year long plateau? Grrr! I am determined to see the results I want!
I feel like the reason that I have not been progressing as well as I hoped I would be is because: my metabolism is not kicking up, my body has a little fat factory happening. I am strong willed and I am committed to the idea that "fat is a feminist issue". I do not want to be size 0, I want to be visible, strong, powerful. I need to re-frame this from "therefore I do not diet" to "therefore I choose to eat really healthy, small, unprocessed, organic meals."
This time, I commit to finishing my challenge because I know that:
I am the possibility of fit, fabulous, forty, because my career is gearing up alongside motherhood!
If I choose to cut out chips and restrict alcohol and potatoes to 2x week I will see results.
I'm scared of: not seeing measurable results by the end of the challenge, even though I achieve my food & fitness goals.
I want to compete in a 10km race by the end of the challenge.
I want to be confident in swimmers by spring. (it is mid-winter here)
I want to look as beautiful in photos as I do inside.
I want to build on the foundation I've laid for my active, healthy life.
But I have faith in: science and art.
And THIS TIME, I will NOT quit, because THIS TIME:
I have a team to cheer me on, to keep me accountable and to support back.
I have been practicing consistency for a while now. (not smoking, running x 3 a week) so I can build on that track record.
My top five non-health related motivations right now are:
1. to inspire my family and friends by example
2. to prove to myself that I can achieve what I set out to do
3. to look fabulous out and about
4. to fall in love with myself and my life
5. to be an aesthetic object to myself
The best way to motivate me is to: notice my progress, praise me for consistency, acknowledge my self-responsibility.
The best way I can motivate myself is to track my progress & reward myself:
making time for body pleasure, haircuts, beauty stuff, buying fitness clothes.
My name is sm-artgirl and I will be a calm and focused energy bolt.