1. I have felt GOOD (not okay, but GOOD) for about 5 days straight!
Last gluten contamination was about 14 days ago and it took getting soy, milk (and of course, the gluten) COMPLETELY out of my diet before I started getting better. But I have, and now I can even add a LITTLE bit back in - yogurt is okay (yippee!!!), whey protein powder (which also has a small amount of soy) is also okay. Small amounts of dark chocolate (soy again) are also okay. But SMALL amounts is really the key here. I've learned now that I can't throw a load of cheese on my quinoa pasta tonight, but maybe a tsp or so.
2. I'm down to 159 lbs. Under 160 for the first time in years.
3. I went shorts shopping and was frustrated because a size 12 is too big, but a size 10 looked good only if I didn't sit down or move. So I bought 3 pairs of size 12, with a belt to hold them up. A few days later I realized that I actually had bought 2 size 12 and 1 size 10 (by accident). Well, after a few minutes of wearing them (size 10) around the house, they fit well - way better than the 12's. I'm psyched!
4. I went swim-suit shopping today and (no - not a size 10) I got a really cute suit that actually looks good. I've got some work to do on my legs, but overall, I am NOT unhappy with the finished product. I will not be hiding under my towel at the pool next week!
Now - I haven't excercised much (except to jump on the tramp with my kids - MAN what an abs/quads workout that was), but I am totally motivated to now.
5. My DH and I celebrated our 13th anniversary this week. My parents had the kids and we went out to dinner and then had a marathon Jane Austin movie night. I love that my husband can appreciate Jane Austin! (I was so impressed when he announced in about the 8th scene of P&P - which he has never seen before - about Mr. Darcy & Elizabeth Bennett... "He likes her and he can't figure out why he likes her". I didn't see that until WAY later in the movie!) I love that I've had 13 years of laughter. He's got the gift to be able to make me laugh at just about anything. Thankfully, our son has also inherited that gift. Our house is just full of laughter, and I am so blessed!
6. We are leaving to go see our dearest friends on the planet tomorrow. We are all four of us SO excited. We've got great books on CD, presents for their kiddos, healthy snacks for the car and a great new swim suit.
Things couldn't get much better!