It's Day 18 and I am still Streaking! The main goals I wanted to do everyday-walk at least 1 mile every day and keep track of my calorie intake-I have kept! I have even added more goals, such as 5 serving of veg/fruit and some type of exercise for at least 10 minutes a day.
I AM EVEN THINKING OF JOINING THE YMCA! Now that is a real mind blower for me! To even think of walking into the Y, let alone join it. I have been so self conscious for so long, but now I don't care what ones might think. I want to look better and feel better, and increasing my daily exercise is really helping to do that!!
My jouney so far hasn't been perfect, but I have surprised myself. When I "goofed", I was able to figure out why and then do something about it-ALL WITHOUT BEATING MYSELF UP FOR IT! Here are some things I've learned in 18 days;
1) I eat at times because I am bored, or to ease the stress.
2) When this happens, I am learning to go and get some water first, then wait for 15 minutes and see if I really want to eat.
3) I realized that my days off are a problem-I am bored. So I need to start planning things to do, besides housework.
4) Also, on my days off I need to do more physical activities-perhaps bike ride. Today on my walk I found several places that look good for riding my bike.
5) We went to a restaurant on Sat and-for the very first time-I ordered a "To Go" bag before my meal! When my food came, I put half of it in the bag, and then enjoyed my meal. When I got home and used the Food Tracker, I found that I hadn't gone very much over my caloric allotment!
6) I'm learning the difference between hunger and appetite. Most of the time I'm not really hungry, and will resort to the water plan in #2.
I am so grateful to the Spark Program! Already I am feeling so much better about myself!