I ran today...
Monday, June 06, 2011
and it was glorious! Oh, not the running part, that was red-faced and panting, but the finishing part was most excellent.
It dawned on me that my last few posts had been unhappy ones; either my grumbling about my limitations or talking about life's foibles. That should not be so, because I have a HUGE amount in life to be grateful for, they are (in no particular order)
1. The best husband in the world (he is, I've done surveys>;-)
2. A roof over my head that does not leak,
3. A hugely talented son who is also good and kind.
4. A smart, beautiful, talented daughter-in-love that I would not trade for anything.
5. Girlfriends with devilish senses of humor (you KNOW who you are)
6. Drugs that stop the pain and symptoms of my disease
7. Enough money to buy healthy food
8. A math professor who lets me help tutor his class, which give me insights on teaching and helps me to understand voodoo math even better. He is also very kind, gracious and amazingly smart.
9. A new found ability to say no (thanks Teeny)
10. Days that I CAN run.
11. A four year old niece that I get to spend time with (including reading, baking, time-outs, cuddling)
12. Friends that enable me to be more creative (see number 1)
13. Getting the chance to go back to school and finish my degree at my age (also see number 1).
17. Fall...et al
I am so lucky; and if I haven't told you how much you mean to me lately, remind me, 'cause it's important that I tell you often. Now, I need to go back downstairs and continue the Ant Wars (more on that later). Life is good.