Tomorrow is DAY 1!
Friday, May 27, 2011
Well, I went to the grocery store yesterday & got lots of food to start Week 1 of Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet. I'm excited, but I'm also really nervous! I NEED to lose weight & I WANT to lose weight, but somewhere inside the fat kid in me is screaming at me to be LAZY! I'm really hoping that once I start eating healthy & working out I'll have more energy & more ambition...because right now I have very little. I've heard from friends & read from strangers about how WONDERFUL people feel when they start working out & eating right...I want that so bad! I want to be able to say NO to fast food & junk & be proud about it! That way when people respond with "Oh you must be on a diet" & they roll their eyes I can say "No, I'm on a not-putting-trash-in-my-body way of life" & feel confident with those words. I'm just so ready to be in shape & feel better about myself mentally & physically. I DREAM all the time about how great I'm going to look & feel once I lose weight....my BIGGEST downfall is that I get so discouraged when I don't see immediate results.
So anyways, here's to tomorrow! Wish me luck!
This is what I'll be eating tomorrow! :)
- 6 oz. vegetable juice cocktail
- ½ cup egg substitute – scrambled with mushrooms & herbs
- Decaf tea with sweet & low
- Cheese stick
- Sliced grilled chicken breast on romaine
- 2 tbsp. Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Sugar-free jello
- Cucumber slices with 1 wedge Laughing Cow cheese
- Savory Chicken Sautee
- S.B. Mashed “Potatoes”
- Fresh steamed green beans
- Tossed salad (mixed greens, cucumbers, green peppers, cherry tomatoes)
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinaigrette
- Vanilla Ricotta Crème