Wednesday, May 18, 2011
It's coming up on my three-year sparkversary and I just got my acceptance letter from a program which will allow me to take graduate-level classics classes at a local university while I do my grad school applications. I'm going back to school, I've been living a healthy lifestyle for three years, I have a job and have plenty of work tutoring, and things are looking up so it's time to re-evaluate where I want to be so I can keep my forward motion.
I weighed in at 120lbs today and I want to get down to 114lbs and build some muscle for the summer and beyond. I just don't feel lean yet and I'm still huffing-and-puffing in step aerobics and when I run. So, he's the plan (aside from meeting exercise and calorie requirements):
1. 10 minutes of strength training every day. I want to keep my muscles strong and healthy.
2. Yoga 2 times per week. I'm losing flexibility and I want to gain it back and then some.
3. Pilates 3 times per week: twice in class, once by a video online.
4. Step aerobics once per week and twice if I don't have to go to work on Sunday.
5. 10 glasses of water every day...at least. It get's really hot here in the sumemr and I need the extra hydration.
6. Running (either indoors or outdoors) at least 2 times per week.
7. Walk to the library twice a week to work on my graduate school writing sample. I need to get out of the house more.
8. Weigh in twice a week to keep myself focused and accountable.
44 days until June 30th, which is my goal to weigh in at 114lbs. Wish me luck!