Saturday, May 07, 2011
This is what my 22 year old college son sent me for Mother's Day:
Why you're the best mom ever!
1. You cook the most delicious meals
2. You love your job and tell us stories about your 'kids'. (I work in a daycare)
3. Your facebook statuses always make me and my roommates laugh.
4. You care about our education enough to pay our tuition so we won't have loans.
5. You have the best laugh.
6. You take good care of Brown-Brown while we're away at school.
7. You get along with our girlfriends.
8. You love the CD's we make you and listen to them (a lot!)
9. You hook us up with awesome breakfast food and snacks when you visit!
10. You ALWAYS make us give you a hug at bedtime!
11. You end every phone conversation with 'I love you.' (Some days I really need to hear it!)
12. You let us know how proud we make you.
13. You laugh at our sarcastic/cynical/occasionally mean jokes.
14. You give the best advice.
15. You cry every time I go back to college, even though I've been at it for four years!
Anyway, I really wish I could be home for Mother's Day. But I just wanted to let you know that I wouldn't be where I am and more importantly WHO I am today without you. Thanks for everything, and I can't wait to see you and dad again when I get back from France! Seriously, I probably don't tell you enough, but I love you so much and you've been such a great help and influence on me. You're an amazing mom and someday you'll be an amazing grandma! My kids will probably ALWAYS be bugging me to go visit Grandma Gillaspie. (I don't like that name --you should go by Grandma Ann. Grandma Gillaspie just makes me think old, like Great Grandma!) Haha, but seriously, thanks for always being there for me and for always having the door open for me whenever I need to come home. You're the best!
(and I wrote this on behalf of David too.)
Back to me again--do I have a wonderful son or what?
He's going to France for 10 days with the choir and orchestra from the college he attends.