Saturday, May 07, 2011
Twas the night before my birthday...
When I stepped on the scale
Not a pound it had moved
I felt like a whale
Okay...that's about all I can come up with to mimic that poem...but you get the gist. Still a little "puffy" (see previous blogs)...but have lost 4 pounds of the six I gained. Regardless...I won't be making my goal I set for my birthday. (Insert sad face here). I knew that would be the case when I added on my new workout weight...and well...I just have to come to grips with it.
BUT! Here's the good news...
1. I feel better about myself.
2. I am staying the course.
3. My clothes fit better.
4. I'm sleeping better.
5. I'm making new friends at my crossfit class.
6. I feel like I have found a great venue to get my exercise in with crossfit training.
7. I have met some amazing people on Spark People because I chose to change my lifestyle.
8. I know that it's just a matter of time before I DO meet my goal.
Not a bad gift to give yourself for your birthday. My theme is still the same..."I want more for age 54!" Life is all about choices. I've made some bad ones...but I've also made some good ones. One of the best decisions I made was to join Spark People and be surrounded by people like YOU. So...thank you for one of the nicest birthday gifts ever.