Back on my way
Saturday, April 30, 2011
The weight loss has really taken off. I've lost at least ten pounds in the last three weeks! Here are a few of the changes I have made in these last few weeks, which I'm convinced are aiding in this rapid weight loss.
1) I take the stairs every opportunity I get. I live on the third floor of my apartment complex, so this is easy to do. It's a step that I should have done a long time ago.
2) When I have the itch for a soda pop, it's always a diet soda now. Too many empty calories in the regular soda pop. I've probably cut 400 to 500 calories per day by just this step.
3) I'm drinking much more water. I'm probably up to 12 cups a day. Sure I have to make more trips to the bathroom, but I feel so much better now. All of the literature I've read on effective weight loss recommends more water than we as Americans usually drink.
4) I'm also getting more regular sleep. I average at least 8 hours a night anymore. I know that may sound excessive to most people, but we really don't get enough sleep. I've noticed I have more energy and can think more clearly after I started sleeping more at night.
5) I'm eating less meat now. I haven't gone vegetarian, but I really do think that we eat too much meat and not enough fruits and vegetables in the average American diet. I know I certainly was.
These are a few of the small changes that I have made in my lifestyle that has added up big time in a short amount of time.