Snacks...really I could come up with 1000!
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Seeing as I'm a master snacker, it's not too hard to think of things that I can eat. However, thinking of things that meet my goals AND satisfy me is completely different.
1. Apple slices and a good aged cheddar. I LOVE cheese, but it's so easy for me to overeat it. However, if I get a really good aged one, I find I need less to satisfy me. Pairing it with apples gets my fruit in as well in my quest to eat more fruits and veggies.
2. Celery with peanut butter. Peanut butter is also another tough one that it's easy to overeat, but it's satisfying if you enjoy small amounts slowly.
3. Oranges! Oranges satisfy my fruit/vegetable mission, plus they can take a while to peel/eat so I'm not going to have more than 1.
4. 1oz of almonds, no salt added. So filling, tasty, and it has good fats and protein.
5. Banana smoothie. My daughter has been asking for smoothies (thanks Fresh Beat Band) and I can make a batch with one banana, some milk and ice and just a little bit of one of those banana smoothie flavor packs you find by the produce. It's yummy, tastes totally unhealthy, and satisfies that creamy craving.
6. Salsa! I make my own so I can control the ingredients and it's so filling and healthy. Avocado, tomato, mango, olive oil, cilantro. Served with only ONE serving of tortilla chips of course.
7. Cheese and crackers. I've found that I like the super thin crackers because I can eat more in a serving. I like the Carr's water crackers the best right now, I also found some rice crackers that are awesome.
8. yogurt with fruit mixed in. I recently discovered that I actually like plain yogurt, but it's great with some fruit mixed in too.
9. Sweet potato fries. Again I make my own, so I can control what goes into it. The only hard part is not eating ALL of them!
10. Olives! They are super salty and satisfy that craving, plus a little goes a long way.