Hi spark friends. It's been a long time since I blogged you. I've been busy for the last 6 months with something that has taken up a lot of my nights and weekends, but I'm finally ready to share it with you. It has been one of my dreams, for a very long time, to build a website. I had no idea what I was getting into, but I've learned a lot from this whole process. I'm pretty proud of my results and I'm hoping that you will click on the link below and explore it. My site is called All About Bare Feet and it's an informational sight about taking care of and beautifying your feet.
I'm personally hoping that you will enjoy it and glean some valuable information there.
If you find it helpful, I would so appreciate your help in spreading the word about it! Because it's a relatively new site, my traffic is still only around 50 visitors per day. Ways you could help me: There's some buttons where you can share your favorite pages with your Facebook friends, twitter about it, and other things like that. Of course, you could share it with your other Spark friends!!!
These are just some suggestions...most of all I would love to hear your feedback! Please tell me what you think and if you could offer feedback or blog on my site that would just thrill me!!
Well, today I'm a year older. I'm happy about my weightloss journey. I've had some "ups and downs" but I am determined to keep eating healthy and working to eliminate the unhealthy ways of thinking and eating that have gotten me down in the past. I couldn't have come this far without the support and encouragement that some of you all have provided!!! It was that encouragement that gave me the courage to pursue this big dream!
It was a year ago that I started blogging here and remember...I was obsessed about the fact that I believed it was "all about the numbers." Well I've learned something since then:
1. Yes numbers can be important, and it is good to learn about the calorie content of foods, but the numbers don't always add up...there are illogical things like "starvation response" and "water retention" and allergic reactions to certain foods that can totally whack out your most carefully monitored numbers!!!
2. If you're not careful, you can obsess on the numbers too much and they can become a means of exerting your control to an unhealthy extreme...Our bodies are way to complex to reduce them to an arithmetic formula!
3. Being too obsessed with the numbers can force you into a rut where you are eating the same foods everyday, or providing very little variation, because it's just too hard and time consuming to count up the calories for varying, non-standard foods.
4. You can start to live in fear of the numbers, and living in fear is never a good thing.
5. You can start to forget, that there are more important things than whether or not you know how many calories you've eaten today.
I'm changing up my attitudes a bit right now. I've identified some foods, that for me, seem to cause me to gain weight, and I'm limiting my consumption of those foods to once per week or less. I'm making the best choices, changing up my foods and trying to have lots of variation to avoid boredom. I'm trying to eat only when my stomach is crying out for food and continuing to USE MY BRAIN... to think about the day and week that is ahead, preparing ahead of time so that I don't find myself operating blind. What that means is...ok I'm having a birthday celebration this Tuesday night...I know there will be a wonderful dessert as well as other good foods. I'm going to prepare by avoiding any desserts this weekend, and eating healthy, lower calorie foods to prepare me to have a day on Tuesday that will be on the higher end of calorie consumption, though I won't know, because I'm not, at this time, trying to record every bite that I eat. I'm trying to trust my body a little more...still knowing that it can lie to me and fool me sometimes, if I'm not thinking clearly, and I'm allowing myself to follow those negative voices inside my head, instead of the quiet confident voice of truth.
The truth is...I'm getting older and my metabolism is slowing down. I am going to employ every method I know to counteract that tendency...that means exercise and movement, supplements, eating foods that don't make me lethargic, and reading everything I can to stay on top of the issues.
I miss blogging with you all more often...I feel so out of touch! I hope that perhaps I will have more time to check in, when school is out and I have a little more time on my hands!!!
I appreciate you all so much...you all have been my inspirations many times over the past year!!!
Love you for blogging me!
Wow...just finished visiting some of you...I feel so inspired!!! I'm so determined to get back into my Spark friends!! You are all inspirations!