Progress so far
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
I've come a long way from my January goals. I feel the need to check in on them, after nearly 4 months.
1. Marathon running: I've sustained my first significant injury (to me at least), and I'm coming out the other side now. I'm not back to perfect yet, but I'm getting much better. I was running a 7K on 3/19, and sustained a calf tear a 1/4 mile from the finish. I walked across the finish, very bummed. I've rested, iced, compressed, elevated, massaged, etc etc. I always got discouraged by lesser injuries, but I've kept up with my gym class through all of this. I recognize this as a MAJOR victory. And I'll miss my 6/5 half marathon, but the October marathon is still very possible.
2. Wardrobe: I'm not sure who said this first: "Dress the body you have now". I went and got some cute clothes, in the same size I was in January, and I'm feeling much better. Actually, I got rid of some of the clothes I had when I was at my thinnest. I give some of the credit for this to Beatricebunny. She inspires me, whether she knows it all the time or not.
3. Liking how I look now: it's a challenge, I won't lie. The lifting I'm doing now gives me great arms, and that does help.
4. Energy: my energy level is way up, despite the scale not having budged. Victory here!
5. Nope, still not pregnant. Not stressing over it, at this point.
Overall, I think I'm in a better place than January, even though the scale is the same. Onward!