Monday, April 25, 2011
this is one of my favorite recipes =) and it's super easy to change it up to whatever you have on hand...
* 1 lb. ground turkey or lean beef
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1 (1 oz.) package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
* 1 (1 oz) package Taco Seasoning Mix
* 1 (16 oz.) can pinto beans
* 1 (16 oz) can chili beans (either hot or regular)
* 1 (16 oz) can whole kernel corn
* 1 (16 oz) can black beans
* 1 (8 oz) can Mexican-style tomatoes (ro-tel)
* 1 (8 oz) can diced tomatoes (any flavor)
1. Brown meat & onions and drain.
2. Mix Ranch & Taco seasonings into meat.
3. Add rest of ingredients, undrained to mixture.
4. Simmer 1 hour.
I also add a little more water and some cumin and chili powder…
we like it with cheddar cheese, chopped onions, or some broken Taco shells on top…or chips.