Weekly Training Log
Sunday - 7 miles running
Monday-3 walk 3 treadmill @ 12 minute pace
Wednesday - 4 run
Thursday - 3 mile walk
Saturday -18 mile long run
Total miles: 38 miles
With 6 weeks left there are not too many long runs left to complete. I am continuing to cut time off my long run which makes me feel more positive. The same run that took me over 4 hours to complete 10 weeks ago now only takes 3:15. With a 2 minute per mile improvement, I feel I can complete this marathon.
So what's left to do?
1. Have confidence I trained correctly.
2. Plan out the last 6 weeks of training with the last three weeks tapering - tapering to me is the hardest part of the marathon prep. You gain a little weight, get nervous, and have extra time on your hands.
3. Stay healthy and injury free which means to eat well, sleep good, and stay positive.
4. Monitor the event site, read rules, see my name listed. I posted the link in case you wanted to check out the venue.
5. Try to figure out what goal to go for after I get this one done.
Since there are so few marathons in Wyoming, you will notice we have a small number of participants but over 34 states. That's because there is a club where a runner tries to run in all 50 states. I have 21 states that I have run in but am not a member of the club. The expense of traveling everywhere would kill me.
Remember my ultimate goal is to finish in the time frame and to beat at least 10 people in the race. There are 10 women in my age category 50-60, but there are 4 women over 60 competing. That is an awesome number. I hope I can still run when I am over 60.
When I started this journey in January, I was unsure if I would do this marathon. I kept saying, just take each week as it comes, don't sign up until you are sure you can do it. I did not pay my entrance fee until last week. Funny how I wasn't sure if this is what I really wanted to do even though I was training for it!
But now that I am committed with 16 weeks of training completed, ............. I guess.............I'm ready!