My daughter and I were watching Dr. Oz the other evening and the topic was "You could live to 100." By taking a quiz at the following site:
You can determine the age you will be when you die. Now granted, I'm glad it wasn't 53, but did I want to know it was 89? Hmmmmmm
Maybe I'm crazy but my immediate reaction was to grab my own calculator to determine the years I have left on this earth ... 36. Yuck, do you know how quickly 36 years goes by? Will that give me enough time to:
- Wear a size 10 again?
- Plant a vegetable garden that produces more food than weeds?
- Train our dogs (all 5) to use the toilet?
- Run (or walk) a marathon?
- Pick one winning number in the lottery?
- Read and study the whole Bible?
- Meet my grandchildren and their children?
- Forgive those who trespassed against me?
- Invent something that keeps the floor around the toilet clean?
- take a vacation that doesn't end after 7 days?
- finally learn where in the heck that smell is coming from?
Well, now that I feel like there is a deadline I'm going to have to take the quiz over again. My answer to the question on stress has changed because the damn quiz has stressed me out.
Of course, I'm blowing this out of proportion ... that's my nature, but I did find some good news! According to the quiz, I can live to 101 if I make a few slight adjustments. That's another 12 years!! Heck, by then I might be able to get two lottery numbers right!!!
Take the quiz .... it's worth reading the section it produces called "How to add years to your life." I'm sending it to everyone I love because life wouldn't be worth living longer if I didn't have them!!