50 Questions (stolen from CREATINGAMANDA, like a ninja)
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Soo... among my April goals was to blog more, in the hopes of being more accountable to myself and the wider universe. Would anyone know this was a goal of mine? Not so much. Because I've been doing a horrible job of achieving it - reading my words, getting shy about sharing them, deleting and staring at the screen. Repeat.
When I saw this Q&A on Amanda's page, I thought that it would be a good way to rip off the bandaid.
50 Questions (Everything you almost certainly did not need to know about Erika)
Feel free to copy and pass on.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Yup – actual first name ‘Dorothy’ after my grams, but I’ve always gone by Erika, my middle name, after no one.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
This morning… But that was the first time in months! My cousin sent me the first pics of him holding his son, who’s been in an incubator for about a week. I cried A LOT.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
It’s the worst. On the upside, if I left state secrets in a washroom somewhere, no one would be able to decipher them.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Montreal Smoked Meat. I believe Americans call it "Pastrami"?
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
My Mom calls our cats “Grandkitties.”
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Definitely! I'm a hoot.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM ALOT?
I’m offended that you would ask such a thing.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
That’s a big no – I can’t even use the high diving board.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Cereal grosses me out. I do badly with soggy things in general.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Only if the laws of physics demand it.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Like an ox – I would have been prized as a bride in a pre-industrialized farm community for my ability to pull the plow. Just sayin'.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Baskin Robbins “Gold Medal Ribbon”
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Air of douchiness, if present. Otherwise, posture.
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My Granny Dorothy.
18. WHAT IS THE PAUL MCKENNA TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
I’m gonna say… learning who that is?
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The Dears sing about love and the apocalypse.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
C-c-coffee, generic “guy smell” (by which I mean aftershave/deodorant/clean hair and not, like, 'hockey bag'), tea tree oil, vanilla.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
An unnamed, rather rude, florist.
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
27. HAIR COLOR?
Golden brown. Like people always want cookies to be.
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Yes. Guacamole. Caesar salad. Falafel. Very hard to say.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
How To Train Your Dragon
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Well, this is embarrassing…
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Depends who’s asking
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Without question my stepdad’s Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies *wipes drool*
37. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
Some hybrid of the two, like Rugby interval training with lifts, squats and tackling *wipes drool*
38. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
Television for sure.
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
I reject the mousepad.
42. FAVORITE SOUND?
Wind blowing through tall trees.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Barbados or Italy, whichever is furthest
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
It5 seems bad to say 'no'... I give good massages.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Ottawa, ON, Canada
47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
48. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
Grey stucco with a beauty oak door.
49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
Black like my soul, kids.
50. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 50 QUESTIONS?
I refuse to answer that.