When I started my journey almost 5 months ago, I didn't think I was going to make it as far as I have. I set out to lose 15 lbs, which I was concerned might be a lofty goal, and I also wanted to be able to run more than 5 miles in an hour. Here I am 5 months later, I have lost more than 15 lbs, I can run a 10 minute mile, I can run 6 miles in an hour without stopping, I ran my first 5K, I'm down 2 pants sizes, and I am overall leading a much healthier lifestyle. I still have an unending road ahead of me, but I intend to make the journey worth while. Since I have already accomplished my original goals, I feel it's time to create new goals.
I want to continue to push myself to accomplish more and to remember that there is always room for improvement no matter how insignificant it may initially seem.
1. Reach a weight of 115 lbs.
2. Sign up and complete a half-marathon within the next 12 months
3. Consistently incorporate aspects into my workout routine which will help to tone my "problem" areas
4. Prepare healthier meals with a better nutritional balance
I want to maintain a healthy lifestyle for as long as I live and instill those values in my future children.
1. Complete a marathon before the age of 30
2. Workout 3-5 days a week like it's a second job
3. Teach my children the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle
4. Maintain a healthy weight for my height and age
I think it's important to set goals and to stick with them to the best of your ability. I am so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life who support and motivate me. I am also fortunate to have found an online community to aid me with my lifelong journey.
Hooray for goal setting and healthy lifestyles!