A Monday Prayer and Message!
Monday, April 18, 2011
A Blessed Monday Morning Everyone! A GREAT WEEKEND! Thank you for your weekend responses. Give God all the glory!
PRAYER: "Heavenly Father, Holy and Righteous God! We do not want to look back over our life, even as recently as yesterday, and feel bad about ourselves because of things we have done wrong. Help us to quickly recognize and confess our sins. Enable us to live in such a way that we do not have regrets over words we have spoken, or thoughts we have considered, or actions we have done. Teach us to fully repent and surrender so that You will lift the burdens of sin from our heart and soul. Thank You Father for listening to our prayer. This we ask and pray in Jesus' name, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Following Jesus!
1. Friday we saw a good reason WHY ((Luke 6:44-49), we need to change our life once we become a Christian.
2. Now, let's look at another reason (Matt 7:21-23):
a. In Vs 21, Jesus says, "Not every one that says to me Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven".
1. Not everyone that professes Jesus Christ is genuinely saved.
2. Verbal acknowledgement of His Lordship is not enough (That's lip service).
3. To enter the kingdom of heaven we must also do the will of the Father in heaven.
4. The Father has told us through Jesus His will in Eph 4:22-24......that we must change our life and transfer power and control to the new man whom God has created in us.
b. In Vs 22, Jesus says, "Many (not a few but MANY) will say to me in that day (The Day of Judgement), Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? And in your name have cast out demons, and in your name done may wonderful works?"
1. But whose work were they doing? Their's ot God's?
2. And for whose glory? Their's or God's?
c. In Vs 23, Jesus replied to their questions: "I never knew you: depart from me, you that work lawlessness".
1. These are harsh words to hear; yet, be warned.
2. Failure to do WHAT go has told us to do in Eph 4:22-24, will shut the gates of heaven to us.
3. What do you think about this? Faith is not just professing Jesus as Lord, but also living the new life. What words would you hear if Jesus was to call you to eternity today? To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May God help us to understand the Will of God and enable us to change our life in conformance with God's will. In His Grace, Vic.