Trying to reach! HELP
Sunday, April 17, 2011
I am still far away from my goal of 185 by the time I leave for England. That is about 25 more lbs in 2 months. I know that is a bit unrealistic. So I am looking to at least rid myself of 15 -20 in the next two months. Looking to go on a major vegetable and raw foods plan with chicken and fish as well. I need a solid plan and workouts. Can anyone share with me?
Member Comments About This Blog Post
I have heard that extensive cardio does nothing. is this true. I have tried everything listed above!
2110 days ago
Hey Girlie, You are on the right path.
You may think your goal is unrealistic, but they aren't.
15-20 are doable in 8 weeks. You just have to push along with your program.
1. Up your grams in protein... 70grams would do you a lot of justice. Just for a short while, but make sure you only do it for a short period of time. I've read a few case studies about
women upping their portein to 80 grams if not more to shake some weight. I'm upping mines to 80-85 for the next 2 months to see if I can't shake some weight. Not up where I need to be yet, but I'm getting there. It's a slow build up process..
2. Cardio 60-90 mins 3 to 4 days a week is also good. Cycling out your workouts would help alot. A friend of mines cycled her workouts, and when she started to change her workouts the weight started to melt away. She not only cycled her workouts- she cycled her timing as well.. That right there helped in the aid of weight loss.
3. Weight training & Cardio combine. I do my weight training first, and then I move into cardio to loosen myself up. I do this a few days a week too. Sometimes just 2 days a week.. But what happens when I do this is a larger calorie burn, and when I have a good burn like this.. I have to drink a recovery protein drink. Normally 20 grams of protein helps with my recovery of lost energy during my workouts. Those tend to build me back up.
4. Water! I can't stress this enough. 128oz of water perday if you can handle it. Make your water fun if you can. Adding a splash of lemon and honey always help change the taste. Work those calories in as well. What I do is allow myself 60 calories for the add-ons in my water.. It helps a lot. And I do stay balance and in control.
5. If you are trying to build muscle mass, lose weight, and gain control of your body. You might wanna check into Creatine powder.. They make it in a punch flavor.. Whey do, and you can find it for around 15-20 dollars.. My trainer normally have some ready for me.. nice and cold, and I drink that sometimes before my HIIT workouts.. I normally have this drink 1/2 hour before my workouts. It realy helps..
I hope this advice helps you out..
Keep on pushing, and doing your all time best..
2138 days ago
Comment edited on: 4/18/2011 1:14:35 AM
do you run? running is amazing, I think and burns tons of calories.
hope you reach your goal!!!
2138 days ago
Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.
More Blogs by NAIROBIQUEEN