A Wednesday Prayer and Message!
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
A Blessed Greeting To All SP Members! What a lovely morning! Thank all of you for your wonderful responses. Praise God and give Him all the glory!
PRAYER: "Heavely Father, Holy God! We arise and cry out in the night, as evening shadows fade into darkness. We pour out our hearts to You our God; we lift up holy hands to You as we pour out those things that cause us grief and sorrow. We know You are our only hope and that Your Compassion for us never fails. Heal us, O Lord, of all our emotional pains. Use the sorrow we feel to demonstrate Your goodness and glorious love. In Your presence we find restoration, peace and healing. In the midst of our sorrows we find Your awesome love. Thank You Father for loving us! This we pray in the glorious name of Jesus our Lord, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Following Jesus!
1. How can we change ourselves?
a. It's vital that we understand the concept of changing our life in order to receive the promise of eternal life.
b. As we look at Eph 4:22-24, we see a scale with weights on either side of the pivot point which moves what God is weighing, from one side to the other, to create either a balnce position or an unbalanced position: (Put off the old man - Be renewing the spirit of our mind - Put on the new man).
1. In Christ the scale of life can be balanced.
2. Without Christ, the scale of life are always unbalanced.
3. Salvation is in believing and obeying Jesus.
4. Heaven is in changing our life to follow Jesus' example.
5. Eternal life is in becoming like Jesus.
6. This requires changes on our part.
2. What do you think about this? God has mercy on us, because we believe in Jesus and promise to change and become like Jesus. Failure to make this change cancels out our promise to God and God's promise to us. To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May our Wonderful God bless us with mercy as He shows us how to change our life to balance the scales of life and receive the reward of His promise.. In His Mercy, Vic.