Flightless Bird devises a plan.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
I have tried many attempts at life change. Maybe I should say I have thought about many attempts at life change, trying occasionally in intervals of short endurance after a burst of inspiration.
What works? Going to the gym and exericse works, daily accountability and tracking works, eating right works.
Why do I falter?
Stress: Write it down, break it down, categorize everything I need to do and know. I GOT THIS.
No Support: All I can do is fake it. Support myself and do everything I can to build, develop and utilize what is available to make the dead of the night in the scream of my soul, less.
Overwhelmed by desires/commitments/life/work: Write it down, break it down, categorize everything and make the hard choices in choosing relaxation, commitments, or creativity.
No Time: With writing everything down and acting in my free time, I should be able to make use of each moment so that I can do more. I know if I organize myself, I will never live a 1000 lives but I can do more than if I lay depressed staring into the idiot box.
1. Each day I am going to track my food on sparkpeople. I am also going to note the weight watcher points I ate.
2. Each day I am going to take supplements and vitamins
3. Each day I am going to take DE.
4. Each day I am going to increase and work on my water intake.
5. Each day I am going to eat salads and a spinach smoothie.
6. Each day I am going to focus on breathing and yoga - nothing crazy just small amounts of body awareness and becoming aware.
7. Each day I am going to spin bike a few mins a day.
8. Each day I am going to dance/run/play a few mins a day.
9. Each day I am going to focus on visualizations, mental and spiritual awareness. I will visualize the sky. Soaring into the purple sky, feeling the breeze surround me - holding me, caressing me. I am flying.
10. Each day I am going to write a story or part of one/ story construction.
11. Each day I am going to honor my muse. When my muse speaks, I will record, reflect and use it.
12. Each day I will email Amy and my mother my accountability email.
13. Each day I will read at least one thing that inspires me to stay on track.
14. Each week, I will attend a weight watchers meeting.
15. Each week, I will post a status blog of the week's progress.
16. Each week, I will go to the gym at least once to work on muscle growth for my wings.
I am not a flightless bird.
My inability to fly is my acceptance of a long-made and stubborn choice backed up by daily acceptance. My inability to fly is a dis-ease of my body.
Nothing can stop my soul and I am ready to fly among the whispers of truth, color, and music.