A Tuesday Prayer and Message!
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Aloha SP Members! Thanks to all of you who responded with comments to the new lesson. Praise God for it!
PRAYER: " Heavenly Father, Divine God! Let us never seek great things for ourselves because they only lead to disaster. But grant us a way to escape with our lives as we seek to serve You, our God. Be with us in the most trying and difficult areas of our lives. Help us in ways we cannot even comprehend. Even when there is trouble ahead, we will not fear nor be afraid because with walk with You, and You will not let us fall. You bring balance to our lives and we thank You. Teach us not to complain nor murmur for we know You will make a way for us to come through all of life's challenges. This we pray in the glorious name of Jesus our Lord, Amen!"
MESSAGE: Following Jesus!
1. How can we change ourselves?
a. Let's look at Eph 4:22-24 more closely"
1. Life is a daily balancing of many activities.
2. Vs 22 says we must "Putoff the old man" (get rid of old bad habits). How?
3. Vs 23 say "to be renewed in the spirit of the mind" (That's how). Why?
4. Vs 24 say we must "put on the new man" (That's why).
b. When we put away something (bad habits) , we must of necessity replace it with something new (good habits); otherwise, we will create an unbalanced life.
1. An unbalanced life occurs when we:
a. Put off one thing and fail to replace it with something better; or,
b. Put on something new and forget to get rid of an old one.
c. This creates issues, conflicts, revolutions and wars in our life.
c. What does it mean "be renewed in the spirit of our mind"?
1. This is the key to understanding this concept and achieving ballance.
2. This means to transfer power and control.
a. The "old man" who has been in control must no longer be in control.
b. We must transfer power and control of our life to the "new man".
2. What do you think about this? When we obey the Gospel of Jesus Christ and become Christians, God washes away all our sins and create in us a new creature and a new life (putoff the old man and puton the new man). The new man now needs to take control of our life (that is one of the conditions of salvation); and than the new man starts "putting off the old man (bad habits) and putting on the new man (good habits)", by following the examples set by Jesus (that's the second condition of salvation). Many of us want to "putoff old habits", but fail to replace it with the "new habits". This leads to an unbalanced life with issues, frustrations and conflicts. Some of us try to add new habits but fail to get rid of the old habits, and this too leads to an unbalanced life. The question is: "Do we understand What, How and Why we have been called to make these changes in our life and live a balanced life? To Be Continued Tomorrow!
May God help us to see and discern this concept not only what he has called us to be, but how and why we need to make these changes according to His calling and instructions.
In His Love and Grace, Vic.