Had a couple bites on my last entry, wanting some fish recipes. Here we go! I eat a lot of frozen Hake because it's prevalent out here, cheap, high in omega-3's, high fish oil content... and it's delicious. I also looooove salmon. I don't recommend tilapia because it has been proven to have low omega-3's and very high omega-6's (not good).
So here are my 2 fish recipes :)
Basically ANY white fish will taste good this way.
- Cover a baking sheet in foil
- put some olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, carrots, onion and parsley on it
- lay the fish on top of all that goodness
- cover the top of the fish in the same and add either fresh lemon slices or lemon juice (about 2TBSP per fillet)
- Get another sheet of foil and fold them together to enclose the fish in a pouch
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350F
- Uncover and bake an additional 5 minutes to make it pretty and brown
- line a pan in foil and place salmon fillet onto it, skin-side down
- Mix together 1/2 cup teryaki sauce, 1TBSP spicy brown mustard, 2tsp garlic powder, 1tsp salt, and a TBSP of honey (these are estimates and can be changed... just smell it, smell good? then it should taste good)
- Brush onto salmon
- Put foil on top, fold into a pouch
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes
- Baste it again and enjoy